Committing to pray the rosary everyday when you are already is busy is hard enough. These 4 tips will help you stay the course in the midst of your hectic life.
4 Easiest Ways to Pray the Rosary Everyday
If you are like us, for years you have heard how important it is to try and pray the rosary everyday, making it a part of your regular prayer life.
In general, anyone who considered themselves a serious Catholic prays the rosary everyday.
Because it is the weapon of choice given to the Church to defeat the ancient dragon, bring peace, heighten personal virtue, and demonstrate a true devotion to Jesus and Mary.
It is probably best put by Pope Leo XIII
“Let all the children of Saint Dominic rise up for the fight and let them, like mighty warriors, be prepared to use in the battle the weapons with which their blessed Father, with so much foresight, armed them. This is what they have to do: Let them plant everywhere the rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary; let them propagate and cultivate it with fervor; through their assiduous care may the nations be enrolled in these holy militias where the ensigns of the rosary shine; may the faithful learn to avail themselves of this weapon, to use it frequently; may they be instructed in the benefits, graces, and privileges of this devotion.”
The benefits of praying the rosary daily are many.
A few are:
- It allows you time to mediate on the major events or Jesus’ life.
- It fulfills scripture, “All generations will call me blessed”.
- It ensures you are taking at least 20 minutes daily to pray, giving God His due.
- Our Lady of Fatima asks us to pray it and says its important.
- So many Rosary prayers have been answered for those who pray it.
- Have you read the 15 Promises of the Rosary? Read to the end. (Pretty Good stuff!)
But if your family is like mine, it’s hard to squeeze it in. So, when is the best time to pray the Rosary?
The following are a few suggestions.
Pray First Thing in the Morning.
In general, the morning is one of the best times to set aside for prayer. It’s quiet. You have limited distractions rolling around in your head. Plus, if you start your day by reflecting on the life of Jesus, it puts you in a position to offer your day, and all that happens to you throughout it, in the context of what Jesus went through and did.
I personally really like the idea of waking up, grabbing a cup of coffee, facing the sunrise, praying the morning offering, then the rosary, then the daily Gospel. Next, a quick thank you for all the gifts and graces God has showered on you. Finally, starting the day.
Go For a Prayer Walk After Dinner
After dinner is a really good time to set aside for the rosary. Usually, the whole family is around and you can just finish out this family time with a rosary as everyone settles into the evening. This works best if you have a set dinner time every day.
Personally, this is what we do. We eat our dinner and then grab the rosaries and head out the door. We just walk around the neighborhood and pray. It’s generally peaceful and it’s just a nice way to walk, reflect, and pray.
Pray in the Car on the Way Somewhere
There is nothing wrong with praying the rosary in the car. It’s a great time to reflect and pray and sometimes it’s the only way to get a rosary in. Many people use a CD or podcast/app of a pre-recorded rosary and those are great too. Some recordings have the scripture reading before each mystery.
Pray in the Church with a Daily Rosary Prayer Group
Many churches have a group that gathers together daily to pray the rosary together at the church. This is a great way to make more Catholic friends who also share your faith and who are dedicated to living it out. Usually this takes place before or after a daily Mass. Give it a try one day.
The Key to Praying Daily.
Pick a time and commit. This is the key. I used to just haphazardly rattle through it as fast as I could because I was squeezing it in, usually in the middle of something I was enjoying. Therefore, I would grumble and just want to quickly knock it out. I found that if you have this problem, it’s because you are not scheduling it.
If you just squeeze it in, between your other priorities, you will probably end up giving up pretty quickly. In general, it’s hard to just add a 20-minute prayer into anyone’s day, especially if you are busy. Therefore, you have to get it into a routine. So, find that time that works for you and commit. You will quickly notice that your day seems off if you don’t pray it.
As an additional motivator, below are the 15 Promises from Our Lady to all those pray the rosary faithfully.
15 Promises of the Rosary
- To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces.
- Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.
- The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
- The rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.
- Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
- Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.
- I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.
- True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
- What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
- To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.
- Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
For more resources on the Rosary, check out Fr. Calloway's - Champions of the Rosary.
Tony and Kendra